Thursday, July 26, 2007

Whaaaaaaaa .... (rub eyes) .... Whaaaaaaa?



It seems I've been nominated for an Anthony Award. I would like to humbly thank the people involved in making this happen. I'm overwhelmed and grateful. Truly.

Having already lost an Edgar Award, I'm acutely aware that I have some strong STRONG competition in this category ... so I'm going to start practicing my gracious loser face in the mirror.
But ... well ... damn! Very cool, people. Very cool. I'm moved and grateful.
(Yes, I know the pictured award is not an Anthony Award ... but I spent a lot of time recently watching the British Open, so ...)

10 comments:

John DuMond said...

Congratulations, Victor. I'll be rooting for you.

Graham Powell said...

Hey, maybe you'll actually win this time. Are you going to wear your tux to the banquet?

Unknown said...

Congrats! But will Dolittle do you in? Congrats to both, is all I can say.

Karen Olson said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Loved Shotgun Opera, and so thrilled that it got a nomination!

Victor Gischler said...

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it.

Graham ... I'm not sure it's a tux sort of event. But I will shave.

VG

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

Congratulations, Victor! Are you going to Anchorage?

Victor Gischler said...

I was debating if I could afford the time/money to go to Alaska, but now the trip might be justified, and I would like to connect with some people I haven't seen in a while. It does seem like I might be too late to get on a panel.

VG

Anonymous said...

Hey Victor, congratulations on your Best PBO Anthony nom! Dana

JD Rhoades said...

Congratulations, Victor!

Anonymous said...

a big congrats on the nom, friend!

Brrr. Bring a coat :)