Thursday, August 23, 2007

Inappropriate Beer



I've posted before on the different types of beer I drink and why. When mowing the lawn in the hot as hell Oklahoma heat, I'd often drink Coors Light because it was almost as watery as ... well ... water. And sweet merciful crap, people, it's hot as balls here in Baton Rouge today at 99 degrees. This is actually cooler than the 103 degree oven I experienced while visiting my in-laws in Memphis. But the humidity here in Baton Rouge is currently 650%.


This is my way of saying that it's definitely Coors Light weather.


But ...


Well, there are just too many nifty beers for sale at the little market across the street. So I'm going with Boddington's Pub Ale today.


Mmmmmmmmmm. Creamy.


2 comments:

Neil said...

Well, not as thick as McDonnagel's Beef Ale (made with 60% beef, so you know it's good).

Then again, McDonnagel's is a light summer's breeze compared to Fester's Thick & Ropy Stout.

Anonymous said...

Next time you're in the midwest, southwest michigan specifically, may I recommend Bell's? Made right here in Kalamazoo, MI, well, it's the only beer I drink anymore. The summer brew, Oberon is my particular favorite, but the others are good too.