Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another one of those end of the year posts.



So. 2014.  There were times I really felt like the year was dragging along.  But now that we're at the end, I sort of wonder where the year went.  I have lots to write.  So many deadlines.


But I honestly can't say I have any special insight about wrapping up another year.  I did accidentally say New Year's Revolution to my wife instead of Resolution, and I sort of liked the way it sounded.


2015: New Year's Revolution!


And ... well ... no, I actually don't really know what that means, not exactly.  Just that there are a few things I'd like to do differently.  For one thing, I am HUGELY grateful for any and all work-for-hire comic book gigs that come my way.  Making a living as a writer can be tough, and it's not something I take for granted.  Having said that, I think I would like to shift my focus slightly to more creator-owned things.  Sally of the Wasteland wrapped recently, and I miss scripting characters of my own invention.  I love working with artists to create something new. 


I'm also keen to be more proactive about getting my books and comics to film, and I'm actually working with some people now to make that happen.  More on that if/when it comes together.


So, yeah, more proactive .... but more selective too.  I want to zero in on fewer projects but really put all of my best efforts into them.


For a while novels took a back seat while I cranked out the comics.  I'm very glad to be back in the novel writing business, and I want to keep fanning those flames.  Fantasy and science fiction are big in my life right now, but I haven't given up crime writing.  Check it out here.


So ... nothing really so revolutionary after all.  These are all things any number of writers might say, right?


And yet ...


I feel there is something hovering just on the edge of my perception, just hanging out there.  The big WOW thing. I need to be vigilant.  I need to be ready to grab in case the WOW thing comes within reach.


Maybe.  Who knows?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back in the novel biz too. Looking forward to STAY and the rest of the INK MAGE books.